Heavyweight world champion, Anthony Joshua is self-isolating after meeting Prince Charles 16 days ago before he tested positive for coronavirus.
The 30-year-old IBF, WBA and WBO heavyweight world champion met the Prince of Wales and The Queen on 9 March at the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey.
On Wednesday morning, it was announced that the Prince of Wales tested positive for coronavirus after he showed mild symptoms “but otherwise remains in good health.”
Following the news, an official spokesman has now confirmed that Joshua has not shown any signs of coronavirus and has spent this week self-isolating at home due to the government’s enforced lockdown.
“Anthony Joshua is at home following government guidelines, he is fit and well,” a spokesman said. “He wishes everyone affected a speedy recovery and a huge thank you to all the front line key workers.”
Prince Charles has tested positive for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Clarence House confirmed in a statement on Wednesday that the 71-year-old royal had been diagnosed with the disease.
The heir to the throne is now self-isolating in Scotland with the Duchess of Cornwall – who has tested negative for the coronavirus.
“The Prince of Wales, Prince Charles has tested positive for coronavirus,” the statement said.
“He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.
“The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus. In accordance with government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.
“The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.
“It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”
Follow us on, Facebook