Hear this: “ We must avoid taking hasty conclusion because of what others are saying about someone else”.
Here are seven critical ‘DON’Ts’ that you really need to guard yourself against. Refusing to getting trapped in them will help you live a more productive, fulfilling and unbiased life. They are:
1. Don’t conclude about people because of what others say about them: Never draw up conclusions based on what others tell you about someone.
2. Don’t inherit other people’s enemy: It is total lack of education and enlightenment when you automatically make your friend’s enemies your own. Don’t make people your enemies just because they are not in good terms with your friends.
3. Don’t use your children as weapons of war: God can use your enemies to bless your children! The Holy Books says that our children are for signs and wonders. Stop using them to fight those you don’t like.
4. Don’t gang up with others to hate someone: Don’t join the majority to hate someone, you may realize that the person has no offence. Someone said, “If you don’t see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears. Don’t invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth”. Never join the multitude to hate someone else.
6. Don’t hate people just because they don’t behave like you: That someone is not your tribe doesn’t make them your enemy. It is a waste of education if the only people you like are those that are like you.
7. Don’t judge people until you know the whole story: Someone once said,* “Beware of the half-truth. You may have gotten hold of the wrong half”. Don’t judge other people’s choices without understanding their reasons.