- Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Mallam Muhammad Musa Bello on Wednesday inspected a five-storey building that can serve as an isolation and treatment facility for COVID-19 patients in Abuja, should the need arise.
The building, located at the Idu area of the FCT is a new training facility that can be modified to suit the purposes of a treatment and isolation center as required by the health authorities.
- The Prince of Wales, Prince Charles has tested positive for coronavirus.
Reports said that Prince Charles was displaying mild symptoms and is in self-isolation.
- The Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, Frank Okiye, has tested positive for coronavirus.
The Deputy Governor of state, Phillip Shaibu, who made the disclosure during a press conference in Benin, the state capital on Wednesday, confirmed that Okiye is the recorded case announced earlier by the state government.
- The Arewa Youth Consultative Forum (AYCF) has called for the arrest of Bishop David Oyedepo, who is the General Overseer of the Living Faith Church Worldwide.
A statement Wednesday evening by Yerima Shettima, AYCF National President, said the cleric was still walking the streets of Nigeria freely despite flouting the federal and state governments’ ban on large gatherings over the coronavirus outbreak.
- Commissioner for Health in Osun State, Dr Rafiu Wusamotu on Wednesday confirmed that 20 judges , who recently travelled to Dubai, in the United Arab Emirate were presently on self isolation.
He added that the judges went into isolation immediately they arrived the state to ascertain their medical status as the killer disease ravages the world .
- Five new cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in Nigeria.
According to the National Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, two of the new cases were confirmed in Abuja, two in Lagos State and one in Rivers State, making it 51 persons currently down with the deadly virus.
- Unknown gunmen have reportedly kidnapped Adamu Mohammed, the older brother to the Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed.
Sources said Adamu was kidnapped at about 7.39 pm at Unguwar Jaki area of the state metropolis and taken to an unknown destination.
- Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia and his Imo State counterpart, Hope Uzodinma, have ordered the closure of all major markets in their respective states with effect from Saturday, as part of measures to control the spread of the Coronavirus disease.
The governors, therefore, appealed to citizens of the state do their shopping between Thursday and Friday to that effect.
- Nasarawa State Governor, Abdullahi Sule has gone into self isolation.
A statement issued by Yakubu Lamai, Director General, Strategic Communication and Press Affairs, on Wednesday, explained that Sule would now work from home as precautionary measures against exposure to the Coronavirus pandemic.