13 Things You Need To Know About Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu’s Early Life
1. Born in November 1933 at Zungeru, Niger State.
2. He attended his primary school at St. Patrick School in Lagos then later progressed to C.M.S Grammar School, Lagos.
3. In 1944, when he was 10years old, his father Sir Louis Philippe Ojukwu sent him to King’s College, Lagos public school running along British public school line where he spent only 2years.
READ ALSO: NOBODY CAN DESTROY NDIGBO, BIANCA OJUKWU
4. In 1946, his father sent him to Epsom College, Surrey England to finish his secondary education.
5. He spent 6years at Epsom college and headed to Lincoln College in Oxford where he secured a Bachelor Degree in Arts in 1952.
6. Dim Chukwuemeka wanted to study Modern History but his father, Sir Louis objected and persuade him to study Law which Chukwuemeka agreed to do.
7. He studied Law for just one year then switched over to Modern History which was his first desired course.
8. When his father visited him, Sir Louis bought him Rolls Royce sports car; first of its kind. He was the first student to drive such car in Oxford.
9. He enjoyed some luxury and had fun during his school days at Oxford. He dresses in most elegantly cut suits and drives the newest and fastest British sports car, Rolls Royce.
10. His social life earned him a place in the Oxford Rugby team in his final year.
11. At the college, he joined the West African Student Union which took most of his academic time. He would have come a with a first class degree if not his involvement in politics.
12. In 1955 (22years), he obtained a Bachelor of Art Degree from Oxford.
13. Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu was the only Igbo African student in Oxford that come home to serve his country.